Monday, March 21, 2011

It's been a while...

It's been a while since my last post.  Here's the update.  I'm walking with 2 sneakers, yes that's 2!  Finally.  I'm able to walk without the crutches, but with a limp.  I carry one around with me just in case I need it.  Sort of like a safety net.  I suspect I will abandon the 1 crutch within the next week or 2.  I'm feeling great, almost human again.  I can walk up with the stairs with no problem, but down I still walk like a toddler.  That's because my range of motion is limited in my left ankle and prevents me from decelerating (slowing down) to the next step.  I took hip hop on Saturday standing!  Lets not get carried away though.  I could stand up.  I do the first half of resistance training standing, but the combo I still need to sit.  I tried standing but my brain would not connect with my foot.  In order to stimulate my nervous system, I sit down and mimic the legs, but do the arms full out.  I'm so close!  I never thought I'd be back in the studio this fast.  It just goes to show you that if you stay active and keep in shape, you'll heal faster.

Striving to be the example

~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment