Saturday, April 2, 2011

I'm so close!!!

I DANCED TODAY!!!!!  I'm so happy.  I took hip hop today, and was able to stand.  As long as I controlled the landing onto my left foot, I was good to go.  Even though I've had my boot off for a while, putting weight on my foot and moving fast has been a challenge.  I tried to run for the subway the other day, out of instinct, and it felt like my foot was stuck in the mud.  Needless to say, I looked stupid trying to run, leaving the left half of my body behind me.  But lets focus on the positive... I'm getting so much closer to being me again.  It's an interesting notion.  Most people want to be someone else; something they're not.  Right now, I'm striving to be me.  I miss my old self; the life, skills, and talent that I "took for granted."  I use the quotes because I never actually felt I took these things for granted.  I worked really hard to be who I am.  But I never thought it would be taken from me in a matter of seconds.  I'm very excited for what's to come.  I'm going to be a smarter dancer.  More aware and thoughtful.  I can't wait to get back on my feet....for real.


Constantly wanting more.


~Amy  

No comments:

Post a Comment